Take control of your home screens. Among the coolest aspects of Android is the method we, as users, can take control of core parts of the os and alter them up. We’ve seen it with key-boards, messaging apps, and obviously, the launcher itself.
There are some actually fantastic third-party launchers for Android. Apps like Nova Launcher or Action Launcher are very popular, and evidence that those of us making use of Android relish having an option to do things a various method. Nova is a homescreen launcher replacement that does not appear like one, an alternative that feels about as near to stock as anything non-stock can– other than right away following the release of a brand-new variation of Android.
Among the coolest aspects of Android is the method we, as users, can take control of core parts of the os and alter them up. We’ve seen it with key-boards, messaging apps, and obviously, the launcher itself.
The procedure is dead simple.
– To pick a various default, go to Settings > Home and choose from the list.
– Set up any of the fantastic third-party launchers from Google Play. Set up as lots of as you like!.
– If you desire pick “simply as soon as” you’ll get the exact same option the next time you struck the house button. If you pick “Always” you’ll make use of the launcher you selected by default each time you go back house.
– To clear any defaults and get a selection once more, go to Settings > Apps and discover the list entry for the launcher you’ve set as default. Tap the entry to open the app settings, and opted to Clear Defaults.
– There are lots of other suggestions and techniques in Android Lollipop, and we’ll be bringing them to you one at a time. While some might feel fundamental, addition of everything produces the very best set of aid and how-to docs– particularly for those brand-new to the world of Android.